How many of us manage to fall asleep the moment our head hits the pillow? How many of us continue sleeping like the “dead” for at least six hours without any form of disturbance? Well for most of us, considering the lives we lead today, a good night s sleep a is one of the greatest joys of life. A full eight-hour sleep can mean a productive day ahead but the lack of it simply means a lot more than just unproductivity!
Conquer insomnia- Try these simple tips!
- Begin with creating an atmosphere of peace calm and tranquility in your bedroom. Use soft furnishing, pleasing colors, and darker curtains.
- Ensure that your bed is soft and comfortable and is that which helps you feel comfortable. Spend in a good, firm mattress and pillow that will help you feel comfortable and snooze.
- Keep away from your laptop TV or possibly even your cell phone. Create a “ bond” with your bed and pillows and slowly allow each of your senses to switch off and gradually you will find yourself falling asleep earlier. Just keep away from anything electronic in your bedroom.
- Ensure that you stick to a regular bedtime. Go to bed at the same time every night so automatically your body starts associating that particular time with sleep. Erratic timings are one of the most common causes of insomnia.
- Drinking a glass of warm milk before bedtime calms your nerves and helps in getting a good night’s sleep, completely keep away from caffeine or nicotine at night as these are stimulants that can ruin your chances of falling asleep.
- Try and also limit fluid intake in the night so as to stop the urge to relieve yourself once you hit the bed.
- Try and practice meditation and certain breathing exercises such that your mind and body stay calm before you hit the bed, in most cases insomnia is caused by an active or anxious mind. Meditation and breathing help to calm it down.
- Music can work up some wonders to your mind and you can fall asleep with nice pleasant music plugged on to your ears sooner or later!
- Exercise regularly and stick to the regimen in the daytime- Stress hormones can shoot during your workout, and completely slips down a few hours after you have finished. And therefore it is advisable to exercise a sufficient number of hours before bedtime.
- Refrain from napping during the day – even if you have not slept sufficiently in the night. Work on the next night’s sleep.
- Despite all these attempts if you have trouble falling asleep check with a physician. They may assign a few special diagnostic tests that may help identify the problem and accordingly prescribe a course of action.
Stressing over the inability to sleep is going to work, work on your sleep routine. Oh, haven’t we all come to a world where going to sleep has become a task in itself? Well not anymore with these tips listed.